A day in the life...

Sunday, September 30, 2007

A new season

I woke up this morning to the sound of heavy rain on my window, it was the first morning in a while when it was really, really hard to get out of bed, and I thought to myself, Autumn is very much here, and not even just pretty autumn, leaves changing colour and all that, but the real Autumn, cold wet days thrown in there too!!

I have spent the morning finishing my article for the Intern magazine that will go out each month from the church. I had to write a little bit about myself, and then take a picture of myself with a pumpkin - we decided that we would make the pictures Autumn appropriate and since pumpkins are everywhere now, it seemed like a good idea?!! What do you think?



Last week, we had a staff retreat with the rest of the Bethany Community Church staff and interns. We talked a lot about casting a vision, and that for each different area of ministry we have to know our vision, refine our vision and be able to cast that vision ina way that others can grasp and be excited about too. It made me think a lot about YWAM and also my time with Bethany this year.

I feel a little bit detached from my vision at the moment, I have become focussed on doing what I am doing, but without the larger focus of why I am doing it. This is when things can start to seem emtpy. This new internship at church and the new phase YWAM is in seems like the perfect opportunity to take stock, recast a vision.

There will be a lot of challenges this year as I am working to create more opportunities to serve our community. My vision is to see everyone have an opportunity to use their unique gifts, talents, passions and skills in reaching people for the Lord. I realise of course that before people can do this, they must first understand more of who they are in Christ. In YWAM and the local church I have the chance to do this. In all I am doing and all the connections I am making, the priority is building up individuals. Helping them believe in themselves and see who they are, and who they were created to be.

Please be praying for me to find a good balance in my life, with all the different hats I am wearing.
Please pray for the relationships I am building and that they will lead to us serving our community well.
Please pray for YWAM as we continue to wrok through this new and strange season.

3 Comments:

Blogger Clayre Turner said...

I love fall! Of course, here in Texas, it's still hot and sunny and well....HOT. We get a nice autumn breeze every now and then...but pumpkin time is still a ways off.
I miss Seattle rain! I love the picture with the pumpkin.
I am in an online class for my community service minor and it keeps talking about mission and vision statements. So true that it all becomes empty without the larger focus of a vision. Thanks for reminding me!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Julie Johnson said...

i'm proud of you tina....it was great hanging out with you the other night. i love you.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's Autumn here in England too with leaves turning colour and evenings getting dark earlier. I can feel your enthusiasm for getting people motivated to serve Jesus in practical ways - we all need to remember WHY we do what we do! Bless you - I love you very much.
Mum xx

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home