A day in the life...

Sunday, September 16, 2007

A whole lot of wedding!!

On Saturday I went to 2 weddings. Actually, one was a reception for a wedding that happened out of State, but still it was an excuse to get dresesd up and enjoy the good company of good friends.

In the morning, my good friends, and old small group leaders Tim and Sarah got married. It was a beautiful wedding, the sun was shining which was a good thing because the wedding was outside on a dock! I did a couple of readings in the wedding, and my true British came out for all to hear. I read Pooh Bear quotes...this is why Sarah and I are such good friends, our mutual love of all things Pooh. My favourite was this one...

"Pooh and Piglet walked home thoughtfully together in the golden evening, and for a long time they were silent.
"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh" said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh "What do you say Piglet?"
"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet
"Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing" he said.

Instead of lighting the unity candle, they poured sand. This was a practical choice because it would have been hard to light the candle with the wind blowing, but actually the sand ceremony turned out really well, and was another place their personalities and humor shone through, as Sarah's sand seemed to have a mind of it's own.




My friend Wendy and I with Sarah

I am so blessed to have friends like this and felt very honored tp be a part of their special day. The following lunch and specially created cocktails was an added treat, and after the toast and rounds of fantastic chocolate cake we all left feeling very stuffed.

Round two happened a little later in the evening, and after a nap!! John and Britta are another couple from the same small group and they got married in Colorado, where Britta is from In August. John is from Washington so this was their reception/celebration for friends and family who couldn't make it out to the wedding.

More food, amazing food again and then dancing (to work off all of the food)

As you can see most of us took full advantage of the dual event day and managed an outfit change!!


Me with my friends Brice and Rachel

Me with Britta (the bride, in red) and Aaron and Nicole

1 Comments:

Blogger amanda.jolene said...

outfit change!!! how fun! i want to do that!

you looked twice as hot in one day! gosh!

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home