A day in the life...

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Christmas 2006

I thought i would write in seperate posts instead of one huge long piece of writing to hold your interest!!

I hope you all had wonderful Christmas's and were able to spend time with good friends and family. I had a great Christmas, but of course i missed being at home with my family. On Christmas Eve some other YWAM friends came over for lunch, the kids played and opened some presents. It was really nice to celebrate together, this autumn has been so busy, it was nice to be together and just enjoy hanging out, without any agendas. In the evening I went to the candlelight service at my Church. We sang lots of Chrsitmas carols and then before the last one, Joy to the world, they turned all the lights off in the church, and just had some large candles burning at the front. Our Pastor lit a small candle from one of these and then from his candle 2 more were lit, then the people holding these candles walked up the aisle lighting the candle of the first person sitting in each row. From theirs, each person in the row would light their candles, and pass the light along the row. Slowly the building filled with light - it was beautiful.

My friends Katie and Amanda were spending the night so we went home and played cards and games before heading off to sleep, and waiting for Santa to pay a visit!

On Christmas Day we woke up, had a really nice breakfast and then opened presents, That was alot of fun, especially because Zara was really enjoying her 2nd and was understanding that there were fun things in the boxes wrapped up under the tree! Here we are opening some presents, of course, stilli n our PJ's!



I got some nice presents and felt very spoilt! When the presents were opened, we headed to Starbucks for a Christmas treat, it isn't Christmas anymore without a gingerbread latte!

Then we went on to Greenlake, and take a walk, it was such a beautiful day, a little chilly but the sun was out too.

At 4 o'clock i left and went to my friend's Phil and Amy's house for Christmas dinner. I made roast potatoes, which tasted amazing, if i do say so myself! We sat down to a delicious meal, after which we watched 'Home Alone' my absolute favourite Christmas movie!! Emma who is 4 had never seen it and i loved being able to share it with her. I spent the night there, Emma and I had a slumber party!

So that was my Christmas... how was yours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home