A day in the life...

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Birthdays, Bar-B-Q's and a Billion things on a 'To Do' list!!

That about sums up my week!

Thanks for reading. It is Sunday night and I am preparing for the busy week ahead. Our Discipleship Training school starts next Sunday, but we have students arriving as early as Wednesday, so things are getting crazy as all the last minute details have to come together. I have been having some anxiety about everything, so please pray that this will not continue to be an issue, that I will be able to rest and sleep well and that I will know God's peace even in the hectic-ness of the next couple of weeks.

DTS is such an adjustment from the life and schedule I have been living. I am willing and eager to be leading this school, but at the same time, if I am honest I feel like I am giving up a lot to do it, and that's hard. As well as leading the school, I am trying to plan an outreach overseas, and work on my visa and an my support raising stuff. I believe that God gives us strength to do the things we need to, and I am praying for his wisdom to know how to spend my time.

In the middle of all the rushing around, I made time to celebrate my birthday. We were actually on a staff training retreat for the day and so we had cake after our evening meeting. A special and unique part of my birthday happened at dinnertime. The retreat place we stayed at has a large dining room where all the guests come to eat. We were there with one other group named 'Elder Hostel' It is a retreat for senior citizens, so as we were eating, my friend Bubba went to the front, announced it was my birthday and had all the elderly people sing 'Happy Birthday' to me - it was precious!!!!

The small group o attend through my church had a Bar-B-Q last night which was also fun, and this morning my housemate Amanda threw me a Birthday brunch. Here we all are...



It was so nice to catch up and enjoy being with all the girls. It will probably be a while before we get to be all together again, with everyone's schedules getting busy as the DTS starts for us, as well as the new school year for my friends who are studying.

I have felt very loved during this Birthday week. I have come to appreciate more and more the wonderful friends and family that bless my life so much. God is teaching me more and more about how to love well and I am able to understand it much better because of you all, and the way you love me. Thank you.

I will be in touch soon and let you know how the new students are doing...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Chrissie!!!! I miss your sweet face. I loved having girl get-togethers. Remember the time during mission adventures we all slept in the same room. That was a blast. Miss YOU!
love brenda

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home